Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day Three of our Coeur d' Alene Vacation

Day three started off in the streets of Downtown Coeur d' Alene for the 4th of July parade.

Here is a picture of Erek and his Grandma Evie and behind them is Grandpa Rusty with Mikey.









This is one of Erek's famous looks. He likes to try and be sneaky and look at people without turning his head.

The poor little guy doesn't like the heat very much. His cheeks always turn pink.

After the parade, we took a 30 minute drive to a little town named Kellogg. They have a nice ski resort, and in the summer time, you can still ride the Gondola to the top of the mountain.

Here is Brian and Erek, Grandma Evie, Brian's brother Mike and wife Taylor, and their kids Mikey and Carter.

Enjoying the ride.
Erek just woke up and was a little confused.

Erek (18 months), Mikey (19 1/2 months).

There was a fun little park at the top of the mountain for the kids to run around in. Notice the sign next to the slide. (Children ages 3-11 ONLY please.) We don't follow the rules.

We ended the day back in Downtown Coeur d' Alene next to the lake to watch the fireworks. The sun doesn't go down until about 9:30, so we had to wait around until 10:30 to watch the show. Erek had already fallen asleep by then, but the rest of us enjoyed it!

4 comments:

Taylor said...

This pics turned out great! The pic of Erek and Mikey standing together cracks me up. I knew that Erek was taller but I didn't realize how much taller! It was good to see you ALL and I can't wait to see you again!

KB said...

How cute is Erek in that little hat? I'll tell you- SO CUTE! I love that they have age limits on the slide... really? Haha!

SUZANNE said...

Mm, PLEASE come back to blog land before the baby comes!! And I have to agree, EVERY TIME I see the word DOORBUSTER, I always think of you! Did you see the one I posted about a year ago? I think it was called a SCREENBUSTER!! LAME!!!! What's next? Love ya!

aunt kristi said...

it's fun to see erek with the 'idaho family'. it's pretty fun up there. i wish we didn't live so far away.