I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Well, who knows, maybe it’s not that big of a secret and you already know, but I feel like it’s a pretty cool secret that I just found out about. Brian and I have been creeping around at night (only at night because that is when we have the time) looking for caches. Have you ever heard of geocaching? Oh my goodness what a blast! If you don’t know what I’m talking about and want a more detailed description, go here. It’s treasure hunting at its finest! We use the GPS on our phones to locate hidden treasures (also known as geocaches) and then document our finds online. There is usually a log inside whatever the object is that you find and you can see all of the names of people or groups that also found that cache. It’s pretty fun! There are a ton in Southern California and whenever we are out, we try and find a couple. Erek loves to come along. He doesn’t know what we are doing, but he sure does love getting out of the car at all of these random places and roaming around through the bushes, hahaha.
Lost Change...
12 years ago
6 comments:
They do it here on Okinawa, too! We have been wanting to give it a try...only we just recently discovered we think the GPS went missing in the move. We can't find it anywhere (and it's not like we have much space, a garage or many closets to go through). Looks like we'll have to get another one so we can join in the fun.
This is pretty cool now I want to try it!!=)
I think it's funny that we started doing this around the same time. If we only lived closer to each other.... SOOO much fun!!
maybe someday i'll have to try it - but it'd probably be when i'm tagging along with either of you :) i like the treasure hunt aspect - hmmmm... could be fun!
it's always nice when a couple can find something that BOTH parties enjoy. i know people who LIVE for this whole geocaching (sp?) thing. i'd like to try it out one time, but like lani, it would probably be while i'm tagging along with you guys. :)
Grandma Evie here...Just so you know, I'm "in the club". Rusty and I have already found a couple of caches here in Kootenai. I took a cool bat ring and left some very cool shiney rocks.
Post a Comment