It's so easy to just pack up a bag and head to the zoo. We have year passes, the parking is free and the weather is perfect. Or, I guess it was perfect up until this week. We went a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I made sure to take some pictures to document the occasion.
The sky ride is one of the BEST things to do at the zoo. It's free if you have a year pass and I think we could ride this thing back and forth the entire time we are there.
Erek liked to feel the wind in his face. You can even see the little bit of hair that he actually has blowing in the wind. Hehe...
The beautiful scenery from up high. Balboa Park in the distance.
The buildings in San Diego.
Erek didn't really enjoy the gorillas face to face up close.
He preferred to see them from the back side and from the opposite side of the glass.
He couldn't keep his eyes off of the gorillas as we were trying to leave.
Hehe... what a cute little Monkey!
We like to visit the orangutans everytime we go to the zoo. They are pretty active and like to come over and say hi to the kids. Erek was more impressed with the kid standing next to him however.
They were having a bonding moment.
6 comments:
What cute and photos! The zoo is always so fun to me, which is weird since I am such a non-animal loving person. It made me want to go again (we went this past summer to the Escondido Zoo.) And PS-Glad to see that you still watch the office...I honestly think of you when I do b/c back in the day, I remember you and Jeff just laughing away, especially that Christmas party episode. Good times Mm!
cute pics - I especially love erek's hair blowing in the wind :)
I hope to take Mikey and Carter to the zoo when we come down to visit. I think that would be more memorable than Disney Land. I love the pics of Erek with the monkeys. You should use this pic for a while on your homepage for your blog (monkeys in the middle)
Ahhh... I miss it :) Why are you posting all these beautiful pics and reminding me of all we left?? I guess I can forgive you... in a few days maybe :)
How fun! How cute! And I can see that little tuff of hair moving !
first off...i never knew that the skyride was free for passholders! i think we'll have to make a special trip to the zoo, just to ride on that thing. i KNOW the kids would love it, and i would too, especially with all the beautiful san diego scenery.
i also love erek's hair blowing in the wind. i never thought the day would come. :) j/k
and those are some pretty cool orangutan shots! i want a picture of myself bonding with one of them!
Post a Comment