Thursday, February 5, 2009

A night out.

Haha... it's actually been a little while since we had a "night out". It's not that we don't like having a night out, we just love taking Erek with us when we go places. But this time was just for adults and we really had a lot of fun. It kind of made us want to have more and more "nights out" so whoever wants to go ahead a volunteer to babysit, that would be great. :)
We went with some friends to Pat N Oscar's for dinner and then to K-1 Speed in Carlsbad to race some go-karts a few weeks back. Go-karts that go 45mph! Yikes. I was a little intimidated at first, but after I was T-boned by one of the guys, I was able to loosen up a little and get goin! Haha... actually, it took me the entire race to get over the T-bone incident. Luckily, we got to race twice so I mustered up the courage to put my foot on the gas and get goin! I actually placed 4th out of our group of 7 the second time! Not bad considering there were 4 guys and I actually beat one of them. :) It was Brian's first time racing go-karts like these and he placed 2nd! Way to go babe! Charles, the guy who got first place must race these things at least once a week. It was his idea and he is good! We totally should have taken pictures with our gigantic helmets. Pretty hilarious. Next time.
Here is a picture of the track we raced on.
And here are the pictures of our awards ceremony.

Me and my honey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like lots of fun! we can always watch erek - summer loves having him around!!!

Taylor said...

I would have LOVED to been there. We have one of those where we live and I have always wanted to go. Maybe you can get Brian to talk to Mike so he can tell him how much fun it was.

kristi said...

i wonder if your dad has read this post. i'm sure he'd have some sort of 'woman driver' comment to make, if he did. :) he's a funny guy.

this is definitely a date to remember. you two make such a cute couple. love that fourth picture.