Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How I spent my Christmas Eve

The day started early for me. My Mom was flying in from Utah to spend Christmas with us and her plane didn't get in until 12:15am. We got her all settled in and finally got to sleep around 1:30. I was so glad that she was here! Having your Mom around to help out when you have a baby is just the best thing. I am so lucky to have her and such great sisters too! They make everything so much easier. :) I think the baby knew just when to come, because that morning at around 7:45 my water broke. Yippee!! I called my doctor, got Brian out of bed and we grabbed our stuff and headed to the hospital. I was so excited the entire time. I was actually welcoming the contractions that were coming. I had been hoping to feel contractions all week and they were finally here! The trip to the hospital was so much fun. I think it's because I was so nervous about actually going into labor until at that moment. It wasn't that pleasant of an experience when I had Erek and I was worried it would be the same with BrinLee. Once I realized I was ready to have her, and was VERY uncomfortable being pregnant, I got excited. The entire day went pretty smoothly and I really enjoyed the whole experience. The nurse that spent the whole day with me was great and when her shift ended, I was able to get the same nurse that delivered Erek two years before. I was so comfortable the whole time (thank you drugs) and was totally making jokes and laughing with my doctor and the nurse, while I was pushing. 5 pushes later, she was here! *sigh* It was incredible. She was born at 7:40pm. Erek wasn't allowed to come into the hospital because of the Swine Flu going around, so we didn't get to spend Christmas Day with him until we got home on the 26th. He really enjoyed spending time with his Grandma while she was here though and was pretty spoiled.

What a little sweetheart!





5 comments:

Jen said...

wow, so she was born on Christmas eve? she is really adorable. congratulations!

Taylor said...

I love Brinlee!! Im soo happy things went well for you. It's funny that you say you had such an enjoyable birthing experience because I thought I was the only crazy one... It was fun having Carter.... I didn't know you didn't get to come home until the 26th. Did the hospital take pics of her? Those would be fun to see :)

KB said...

Oh, she is the cutest!!! I cannot wait to meet her. Congrats and best wishes to you all. We miss you and love you!

Anonymous said...

best christmas present ever!!!

aunt kristi said...

i'm with lani. it just can't get any better than that! i love the last pic. looks like erek just doesn't know what to think about this little "intruder". :)