Wednesday, January 27, 2010

She's already 1 month old!

I just can't believe it. I am trying so hard to hold on to these first few months of BrinLee being just a little baby and time is going by so fast! I really enjoy these first few months, although, things are a little different with her than they were with Erek. BrinLee spits up ALL OF THE TIME. I'm pretty sure Erek spit up once, MAYBE twice the whole two years he has been alive. Not little BrinLee, poor thing. I always feel so bad for her when she spits up. She makes these faces that just break your heart. And who likes to spit up anyway?? It can't be very fun.

She isn't much of a night sleeper either. At least with Erek I could sleep when he was sleeping, but BrinLee seems to want to sleep when Erek is awake, so my body is trying to adjust to getting about 4-6 sporadic hours of sleep every night. When Erek was a little baby, he loved to be in his bassinet. I would want to hold him and snuggle with him and he just seemed to like lying by himself more. BrinLee wants to be held. She could be sound asleep in my arms and the minute I set her down, she is wide awake again. She seems to be most content in someone's arms. Erek is doing really well with that too. Better than I thought he would. He used to be right by my side at every second and I was worried he would get jealous every time I was holding the baby. He doesn't though. He loves this little girl so much. He loves to give her hugs and kisses and especially her paci whenever it falls out of her mouth. It's so cute... he hears her cry and says, "Uh-oh! Paci!" and then runs to where she is and shoves her paci in her mouth. He is going to be a great big brother for her.

Although it's been a little hard adjusting to the new schedule, I really enjoy her. She is a such a sweetheart. There is a special bond between a Mother and Daughter and I love knowing what that feels like from the Mother's perspective.

Here are some pictures that I took from my phone last Sunday, the 24th. We weren't at home and I didn't have my camera so this is what I got.

At her one month doctors visit, she weighed 9 pounds 9 ounces and was 22 inches long. (The same size Erek was the day he was born.)

5 comments:

Carrie Stuart said...

She is SO beautiful! I hope she and Erek keep that loving relationship going! Glad you are soaking in the moments with her. Jake was my spitter upper. Oh my heavens, that child could spew. So funny how they are all different.

Taylor said...

she's sooo precious! Im sorry to hear about her spitting up so much. I remember Carter learning how to crawl and he would spit up then crawl in it. I hope the spitting up gets a little bit better for you. That's cool that Erek and BrinLee already have a bond, and even cooler that Erek is willing to help out. I wish I could see you and Brian and your kiddos.. hopefully soon. We are probably going down to visit my Mom again in June. We are driving there. I don't know if you guys could do it or not but it would be fun to meet halfway somewhere? We don't go thru Salt Lake City cause my Mom lives in Napa Valley... Just something to think about.. miss you guys!

KB said...

Sorry the sleep thing is giving you problems- naughty, little girl! :-)Regardless, she is dang cute! Can't wait to meet her in person!

Anonymous said...

i totally understand what you mean about the mother daughter relationship. i love and adore all of my boys - but with summer, it was like i already knew her and we were just getting reaquainted. i honestly felt like we had been friends forever and didn't know how much i had missed her in my life, until she came and completed our family. daughter - they're precious.

aunt kristi said...

okay, so i'm about 5 months behind on reading your blog, but i can't believe how much this little angel-face has CHANGED already! i'm so glad you & bri were blessed with a girl. now you've got the best of both worlds. :)