Tuesday, April 20, 2010

BrinLee update

My little girl is growing up so fast! I really can't believe it.

I snapped a couple of quick pictures for this post. She was getting pretty sleepy, but was still a good sport.  The 3rd picture was taken last month.

She turns 4 months old in 4 days. She is a little over 26 inches long (90-95 percentile) and just about 15 pounds (50-75 percentile). The little bit of hair that she has looks like a strawberry blonde. She loves to greet you with a smile and will try to talk your ear off if you will let her. I have gotten her to giggle a couple of times, but it's mostly ah's and oh's and loud screeches of excitement.  She has discovered her hands and knows how to grab things that are right in front of her. She has started rolling onto her tummy, but then gets stuck once she is there and doesn't know how to move.
If you are going to hold her, you pretty much need to wear a shield at all times because she will most likely spit up all over you. She loves her big brother and tries to interact with him when he has the patience to stand still long enough for her to focus on him. He always tries to show her his cars and then gets frustrated because she doesn't act like she is interested. I actually caught her rolling her eyes at him once and wish I could have captured it on video. She has really sensitive skin. Her hands are almost always dry and scratchy because she likes to suck on them so much. (Side note: Karin- I'm going to need you to send me some bag balm! I should have bought some while I was in Vegas because I can't find it here!)  When she sleeps, she likes to put her hands on her face and cover her eyes. She is doing really well sleeping through the night now. 9 hours last night! She does really well falling asleep on her own. I had Erek on a really tight schedule and it worked really well for me and for him. The only downside to his schedule, was that he would only sleep in his own bed. He was so used to only sleeping there that I couldn't get him to fall asleep anywhere else. That was hard when we would be out all day, or visiting my family, or at a late church meeting. I'm trying something a little different with BrinLee. I'm still having her sleep in her own bed at night, but during the day, sometimes she sleeps in her bed, and sometimes she sleeps on a blanket on the floor. It's working out really well. I was just at a friend’s house and she was able to fall asleep on the floor while the kids were playing all around her. I can't remember Erek doing that. He would just get cranky and tired and I would end up having to hold him until he fell asleep. We'll see how it goes!  She absolutely hates sitting in her car seat and being in the car. She will let you know the ENTIRE TIME. It makes it hard to want to go anywhere. She likes to sit in her Bumbo seat and she likes her swing every once in a while too. She loves to listen to music. Brian will play his guitar in front of her and she will get real still and just watch him. She loves to be held and to snuggle up next to you. I carry her around in the bjorn a lot and she really likes that.

I could go on and on... but I'll give you a break for now. :)

4 comments:

Taylor said...

awww! She is soo long! and cute! Mikey and Carter both won't sleep anywhere but their bed too. I guess I should have done better:( Im glad BrinLee is such a good sleeper for you. It has been too long and I need to see my little niece!

KB said...

She is such a sweetie! I am so glad that I finally get to know that personally! She is indeed a snuggler and I can't wait to snuggle her again! ;-)

Anonymous said...

i love all of the details - i'm missing out on so much! can't wait until i can snuggle with her myself and listen to her giggles in person.

aunt kristi said...

what a little doll-face. i love it that it's so easy to make her smile. :)