Monday, January 12, 2009

The first year went by SO fast!

My, my, my. Every once in a while I have one of those moments. A few minutes one day when I realize that I am a Mom and that Brian and I have a one year old and I just can't remember where ANY of the time went. I try to think back and remember all of the little milestones in his first year to catch me up to speed. I am glad to have taken some pictures to help me remember all of the small things that are so fun! Here are just a few...

Only minutes old...

One day old.

The biggest smile I had ever seen on him. Valentines Day 2008, a little over 1 month old.

One of his bath's in the baby tub. I can't remember how old he was here, but it wasn't more than a few months. I would have posted pictures of his first bath, but they are a little inappropriate.
Easter 2008. 2 1/2 months old.

Disneyland! 3 months old.

Blessing Day. 4 months old.

6 months old.
7 months old lovin the beach.

8 months old.

11 months old.


We celebrated Erek's first birthday on his first birthday two Saturdays ago. We had both families over to party and it was a blast! How could you not have fun with party hats and balloons all over the floor? (The balloons were an idea from Aunt Taylor, who we missed dearly!) Erek was having a great time. I have pictures to prove it!

Here I am, frosting his own special cake. Can you guess what it is?

Aunt Abi watching the little rascal while I frost his cake.

All finished!

There was a lot of fun going on in this picture.

Erek and his Uncle Steve. And our ugly yellow walls.


Jared messing around with Uncle Brian.

Almost standing on his own. He can do this pretty good now.

Cute little Sum Sum getting busted.

Sum likes to "borrow" Erek's paci.

Erek and Cory rockin out to some tunes.

Not really digging the party hat.

Sum Sum in her cute party hat.

Riley girl in her party hat.

Hangin out with Aunt Liz.

Rusty, Summer and Cory lovin the party hats and pizza.

He was telling me how much fun he was having.

He wasn't sure what to think of the whole cake thing.

So I stuck his hand in it to get him going... he didn't like that very much.

Then he tasted it and decided he liked it.

Mmmmm... nummy!

After his bath and playing with his new toys.

6 comments:

Abi said...

I swear he's the cutest kid in the whole world. There are some that come pretty close, but I think I'm biased. :)

The Expatts said...

So so cute :) I love the cake, too!

Just wait, it starts going even FASTER now!

SUZANNE said...

Pretty cute little boy you have them MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm! Love the cake too! You have such skills!!!

Taylor said...

WOW your cake turned out way cooler than mine! You will have to tell me how you made a complete round cake. Little Erek is such a big boy now. I can't wait to see our boys together. Tell Erek that his Aunt Taylor loves him and spoil him a little xtra for me when you read this. Happy Birthday Erek! Being 1 will be so cool!

Anonymous said...

Erek is getting so big and the party was lots of fun!!!

kristi said...

i love those pics. i think my favorites are:
~erek sitting on the beach
~you & erek @ his party &
~jared's electric hair.

i'm thinkin' that erek needs a little brother or sister now...and i'm ready for another niece/nephew!

no pressure, though! ;)