Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our Christmas

Last year for Christmas I was uncomfortable, extremely huge and running out of patience. My baby boy was supposed to be there on that day and had made no signs of wanting to come out. This year was SO much better! He was here and crawling around and smiling at me and having so much fun! What a difference! We had such an enjoyable Christmas not only just with Erek but with my entire family. My Mom came to stay with us, which made it even more enjoyable. Erek doesn’t get to see his grandma very often and they had a great time together while she was here. My brother Jared and his girlfriend Rachael came over to be with us as well as my sisters Abi and Elizabeth and their husbands Jon and Jorge. And to complete the group, my Dad. Erek loves to hang out with his grandpa. I’m not sure what it is, but I notice a special bond between the two of them when he comes over. It’s so sweet. I am so blessed to have such a great family. They have helped make me who I am today! I missed being with the Dan family this year. Brian’s family is amazing and SO MUCH FUN! I am SO blessed to have such great in-laws! I don’t even consider them as in-laws anymore. They are MY family. I love you guys!

I couldn’t just pick a couple of pictures because there were so many that are so cute and that I wanted to share with all of you.
Here is Erek and Daddy on Christmas Eve morning.

Here is our tree. I was going to make a tree skirt to go underneath it this year, but could not find the time! So, it's bare and looks kinda lame but oh well.
It is my Erekson family tradition to open a present on Christmas Eve. The present is ALWAYS pj's and so here are some pictures of us opening our pj's.

This is one of the coolest Nativity sets that I own. This one is Abi's, but I have one just like it. My Dad cut out and sanded all of the wooden pieces and my Mom painted them all a couple of years ago. All of the pieces fit together as a puzzle inside of the stable. Erek was enjoying eating Aunt Abi's nativity. Sorry for the teeth marks Ab.
This might be one of the only few pictures that you will see Jared making a regular smile. He is always such a goofball when it comes to taking pictures. :)

Christmas morning! Santa came! (Haha... we still need to get some curtains for our windows.)
So serious. He wasn't quite sure what to think of everything.


Erek loves his uncle Jon.
My Mom, diggin in!

My brother and sisters and I and our spouses all exchange gifts every year. This year we were all tight on cash after a couple of our husbands were laid off, so we decided to exchange a service instead. We also made up stockings to give to each other and Abi had my name. The rule for the stockings was that it had to be a white elephant gift. So... Abi had these bracelet items laying around and decided to make me some bracelets to wear for every holiday during the year! How cool and cute is that?

Jared rocking out on the mini piano.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

That looked like a fun Christmas. We also have a tradition of PJ's on Christmas eve but I haven't done it since Im older. I will have to start now that we have kids! I love that Nativity! I don't have one so I need to jump on the after Christmas sales and see what I can find. We have this thrifty discount Costco place (just like Costco with KIRKLAND brand products but WAY discounted) Wish I can see little Erek and give him a BIG hug.... oh, and you too of course!

kristi said...

looks like you guys had a great Christmas. i love that nativity set! and i'm wondering who got a gallon of milk for Christmas. i saw it under the tree in one of your pictures.

Anonymous said...

holidays always mean family, friends, food and fun - it doesn't get much better :) I love the bracelets Abi made you, your family is so talented... my plan is to hang out with you all in the hopes that some of it might rub off - lol!

Anonymous said...

Your christmas looked like fun. I wish grandma and I could have seen you all. Santa stopped by our house and brought me some walking shoes and a walkman. I guess he was telling me I need to get out and walk and lose a few more pounds. I put on a few over the holidays. Yikes.