We celebrated Halloween a little early this year. 6 days to be exact. It actually worked out though because Brian will be out of town until 7pm on the 31st, so I didn't see us doing a whole lot that evening for Halloween. We bought some pumpkins to carve that night, so stay tuned for those fun pictures!
I dressed Erek up as a Monkey this year. I can't remember exactly when he earned his little nickname, but I do remember I started calling him that when he would just cling to me with his long arms and legs. He does it more now and likes to climb all over me whenever I carry him anywhere. I still can't believe how long he is. At his 9 month check up, he measured in at 29 1/2 inches long, which turns out to be in the 90th percentile. I bought him his Halloween costume about 3 weeks ago. I figured a 2T wouldn't be huge on him, but would probably be a little big, considering it was made for a normal size 2 year old and he wasn't even going to be 10 months old yet. Ha. Wrong. Turns out, it was too small. We got his legs into the costume, but then his arms barely fit into the holes. He couldn't stand him up in it because it just wasn't long enough. His legs were permanently bent. Brian was carrying him out to the car so that we could head over to the church building and the zipper that runs up the side split wide open. Ugh... we hadn't even made it to the party yet! Oh well. I ended up closing it up with a safety pin, which looked horrible because his long leg was still sticking out the side, but what can ya do! :) I made sure to take some pictures to share with all of you. I wanted to take a lot of pictures for his first Halloween and then when it came time to post them on here, I couldn't decided which ones, so I put almost all of them!
These ones were taken before we left the house to go to the party.
I dressed Erek up as a Monkey this year. I can't remember exactly when he earned his little nickname, but I do remember I started calling him that when he would just cling to me with his long arms and legs. He does it more now and likes to climb all over me whenever I carry him anywhere. I still can't believe how long he is. At his 9 month check up, he measured in at 29 1/2 inches long, which turns out to be in the 90th percentile. I bought him his Halloween costume about 3 weeks ago. I figured a 2T wouldn't be huge on him, but would probably be a little big, considering it was made for a normal size 2 year old and he wasn't even going to be 10 months old yet. Ha. Wrong. Turns out, it was too small. We got his legs into the costume, but then his arms barely fit into the holes. He couldn't stand him up in it because it just wasn't long enough. His legs were permanently bent. Brian was carrying him out to the car so that we could head over to the church building and the zipper that runs up the side split wide open. Ugh... we hadn't even made it to the party yet! Oh well. I ended up closing it up with a safety pin, which looked horrible because his long leg was still sticking out the side, but what can ya do! :) I made sure to take some pictures to share with all of you. I wanted to take a lot of pictures for his first Halloween and then when it came time to post them on here, I couldn't decided which ones, so I put almost all of them!
These ones were taken before we left the house to go to the party.
Aunt Abi and Uncle Jon dressed up as a witch and a wizard. Very cute!
Brian and I dressed up 50's style. My Mom actually made this poodle skirt for Abi for Halloween when we were younger. I think we were like... 12 maybe? I can't remember. I held on to the skirt to use for a future Halloween party, hehe.
Here are the pictures of Erek busting out of his costume.
And here are the rest!
7 comments:
The whole busting out thing is freakin hilarious! Mom called me tonight and couldn't stop laughing as I was telling her about it.
I don't think I look THAT fat in person. I think the camera adds at least 25 pounds. Holy crap.
Abi told me about Erek busting the zipper - as Ereks mom - not too funny, but as his aunt - HILARIOUS!!! (sorry) He looks cute anyways, I love monkeys. I also dig that you and Brian along with Abi and Jon dressed up, I kind of miss that. Happy Halloween!!!
you know...when that kind of stuff happens, we think, "dang-it!!!" but isn't it fun to look back on that and laugh?
when riley was one or two, she wore a white bunny suit to the ward halloween party. then, she tipped over a bowl of chili which ended up all down the front of her. it looked so bad & i was ticked. now i look back and just laugh.
erek looks so cute, even though he's busting out of his (too small) costume. and you & brian look great. great post. :)
Yeah, after a while I started thinking it was pretty funny. But then I remembered that it wasn't actually Halloween and when Halloween does come around, I'm not going to have a costume for him to wear. Not so funny anymore... :)
aww cute little monkey! Maybe it was a small 2t or maybe you need to start shopping at the Big and Tall stores..... He is going to be great at sports!
Cutest monkey I've ever seen!
THESE PICS ARE GREAT...MY LITTLE BRO LOOKS LIKE A GREESER!!!HAHAH AND I THOUGHT I WAS THE CUTEST MONKEY YOU EVER SEEN MOM???
Post a Comment