Monday, November 3, 2008

Money is a little tight these days...

Brian is going to kill me for posting these pictures, but I just couldn't help it! It's hilarious! As most of you know, we are moving this Saturday. We have gone around to various stores asking for boxes because I really didn't want to BUY boxes from Home Depot or something. That's just... stupid. I haven't had much luck with Craigslist or the stores in the area because they all pretty much smashed the boxes as they were unloading them, or so they told us. We came across a dumpster a few Saturdays ago just outside Party City. There was a label on the outside of it that said NO TRASH, RECYCLE ONLY. It was pretty full and so we grabbed quite a few of the boxes that were still in really good shape and took them home. I didn't get any pictures that time around, but this past Saturday we were packing and realized that we weren't going to have enough boxes. So, we got in the car and drove to the same dumpster but they didn't have any. We looked around at other stores that might have the same type of recycling method and didn't have any luck. We did however, come in contact with this lovely dumpster!



Notice how he is barely touching the box. He has it pinched between his thumb and finger. He didn't even know I was taking these, and yet he posed SO well for them! :) I love my Man!

6 comments:

Abi said...

That's so funny! Way to be resourceful though! Did you end up keeping any of the boxes?

Anonymous said...

Brian is so nice - I would've made my poor boys get out and do the dumpster dive! Poor Erek, he's going to be next in line in a few more years :)

EmaLee said...

We did keep the boxes. I think we might have too many now, if that's possible!

Lani- I will be SO proud if my kids turn out to be good workers like your kids. You have taught them so well. :)

kristi said...

oh WOW! those pictures are great! :D way to document such a proud moment in your lives. i love it!

kristi said...

and ditto on emalee's comment toward lani about teaching her kids to be such good workers! i hope my kids will take after their cousins!

Taylor said...

another persons trash is another ones treasure! Just don't be dumpster divin in front of Ereks school when he gets older.. all the rest of the dumpsters are fair game.