Friday, December 12, 2008

At least I was having fun!

I came up with the idea to go to Legoland tonight totally spur of the moment. Erek wasn't as happy about it as I thought he would be. Of course, he didn't get his usual afternoon nap because of my spur of the moment plans, but hey! At least I was having fun! Brian had a good time too and it was our first of MANY trips to come. We only spent an hour there and felt like we needed to go back for more real soon. I have lived in Southern California for a total of... 18 years? Somewhere around there. I have NEVER been to Legoland before! IT hasn't been here for 18 years, but still... what's my deal? I have heard a lot of rumors that it isn't really for bigger kids, but it is pretty fun for adults with little kids. We were there for the last hour that they were open and the place was deserted. It was pretty chilly outside though, and I am wondering if that is why there wasn't anyone else there. Erek and I had the little toddler train all to ourselves. Brian would have come along with us, but I made him stay off so that he could take pictures. Erek wasn't too sure about the whole thing. I kept smiling at him and telling him that he was having a good time and he just stared at me with this blank stare. Poor kid. He was so sleepy. He finally woke up and started moving around just as it was time to leave. He seemed to enjoy the slide... although, it was NOT made for adults and I was probably NOT supposed to even be on it, but I HAD to take him down it! It looked so fun! The other picture Brian took of us on the slide is hilarious, but I don't think I am going to post it. I look pretty silly. We couldn't stop laughing about it the entire walk out of the park. If you all want to see it, I can post it... I guess. :)



Not really having the time of his life.

We could have spent a couple of hours looking at all of the little details in these mini cities.



Still not really having the time of his life.





Maybe Daddy can cheer him up a little...


There's his smile!

The rain clouds are rolling in!

Maybe they put that blue bar there to keep the silly adults from sliding down the slide... hmmm...

Like I said before, at least I was having fun!

5 comments:

Abi said...

CUTE! Yes - post the other pic!!

Taylor said...

Ok you know your going to have to post the pic right? First things first your hair looks GREAT! We need more close-up pics of the cut. Second- when we come to visit we HAVE to go to Legoland with our boys (after the naps of course) looked like fun!

Anonymous said...

Legoland is fun - my boys dig it! The "blue bar" on the slide is for little kids to hold on to as they are standing from walking up to the slide, hang on the bar to help them sit, and than sit down to slide :) Um... waiting to see the funny slide picture posted!!!

EmaLee said...

Yes Taylor, we will DEFINETELY go to Legoland when you come down. The boys would love it! Did you say that was going to be in a couple of weeks... for Christmas? ;)

Haha... yes, thanks Lani. I also used the blue bar to go from a standing, well squating position to a sitting position. My hips could barely fit between the sides of the slides. I had to lean WAY back to even clear the blue bar, which is why I think the other picture is so hillarious. Ok, here it is...

kristi said...

i love how you kept telling erek that this was FUN. it made me laugh because i always try to convince my kids that they're having fun, even when we're at costco (or some other boring place). they usually don't buy it. legoland is cool. i wish we had passes so we could go with you guys...maybe next year?