Every once in a while, Brian and I like to take a drive up to Palomar Mountain and experience cold weather. :) The last time we were up there was 2 years ago at this same time, the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This time, we took Erek and let him experience some cold weather too. He didn't seem to mind (it wasn't really even that cold outside... probably low fifties or something). We like to pack some left over turkey sandwiches from the Thanksgiving feast and have a little picnic while we are there. I tried to snap a few shots so that I could document the occasion. We might actually turn it into a tradition. It was a LOT more relaxing than fighting the crowds at the stores and it was nice to be up in the mountains away from all of the craziness.
Lost Change...
12 years ago
6 comments:
Abi and I were two of the crazy fools at the store that day... It'll probably be the same way next year too :) I love the pics at Palomar, Erek is just too cute and stretching longer and longer each time I see him! I think that'd be a perfect tradition for your family.
These pics of Erek are soo cute! Low fifties eh? You can always come up here if you want to experiment with cold weather.. try low 30's & 20's and sometimes below 0! I have a better idea for day after Thanksgiving traditions.. you should come to Idaho! Really though that is a cool tradition and its nice that you have your own little things that you do with your family.
Oh my stars! I thought I was the only one I knew of who has been to this secret spot! I actually did a post about this place on our blog too (circa 8/4/2008). Despite getting car sick on the drive up, it was fascinating to see. How is that big ole thing a telescope?! Seriously! Next time though I need to pack some turkey sandwiches too and have a little picnic. Cute and fun idea and PS- your little boy is such a cutie pie!!!
Lani- I probably would have been one of the crazy's at the stores on Friday if Brian had a job and we had any money! :) This was actually my second choice. ;)
Taylor- I would TOTALLY trade Palomar Mountain for Idaho and wish that we could make it a tradition to come up there for Thanksgiving! I can't believe how much I miss you and your kids that I haven't even met yet!
Suz- I get car sick everytime we drive up there. I even tried doing the driving this time and it only helped a little. How fun that you and Jeff were there! Next time you come down this way, PLEASE let me know. You could even make a special trip to come and see me and stay with us! ;)
MY LITTLE BROS HAIR IS AS DARK AS MINE...THAT DUDE USE TO HAVE WHITE HAIR WHEN WE WERE GROWING UP... I REALLY MISS THE TRIPS TO PALOMAR MNT... I REMEMBER IT SEEMED LIKE THE AIR WAS SO MUCH FRESHER... AND TO SEE AND SMELL ALL THE PINE TREES WAS SUCH A TREAT!!! BUT SINCE N. IDAHO IS PRETTY MUCH A GIANT PALOMAR MNT... NOW ITS A TREAT TO SEE BUMBS AND TRASH AND SMELL ALL THE SMOG OF A BIG CITY... IT SOUNDS WEIRD BUT ITS TRUE!!!
you're a total nut, mrd.
i love the expression on erek's face in the last picture. he looks so excited to be there.
i just wish you guys would have invited us to come along...oh wait...you said you were trying to get away from all the CRAZINESS. okay, i understand. you might as well enjoy the quiet for as long as you're able! :)
Post a Comment